As innovators we need to design systems that support the social development of
Quoting from Wikipedia:
Adaptive Capacity applies to both ecological systems and human social systems.
As applied to human social systems, the adaptive capacity is determined by :
* the ability of institutions and networks to learn, and store knowledge and experience.
* creative flexibility in decision making and problem solving
* the existence of power structures that are responsive and consider the needs of all stakeholders
— end quote —
How to strenghten our adaptive capacity
To raise the Adaptive Capacity in our systems we may arrive at the following requirements:
– network all systems at all levels. This means technology and computers for everyones, cities that support social interaction, houses that support the development of relationships. In plain English Reconnect all systems and system participants.
– open and self-educational systems – e.g education delivered online by educated individuals.
– work on learning systems and self-learning
– work on documenting and storing experiential knowledge
– work on decision-making tools and models
– expand our problem-solving skills
– we need to use macro-systems re-understanding to expand our conceptss of the stakeholders