Consider the following proposed “evolution” of products as a possible scenarios.
1. new experience phase (sensuality with abstract “purpose”) (tech / arts / academic/social/avant-garde audience members mostly)
2. gadgetry phase (early adopter phase)
3. main stream phase (general public)
4. commoditized phase (market saturation)
================= Mature innovations start here ====================
5. Socio-ecological integration: The fully integrated tool. It has a social, cultural and ecological purpose that is well-understood and respected. We understand how our lives, the lives of others and the health of our environments all benefit from this product.
We learn to integrate the local contextual needs with the macro-system needs.
Related on this blog:
– Daniel Montano