The American Institute of Architects (AIA) and its Committee on the Environment (COTE) have selected the top ten examples of sustainable architecture and green design solutions that protect and enhance the environment. The projects will be honored at the AIA 2008 National Convention and Design Exposition in Boston.
The goals and criteria for evaluation are presented for each project along with the philosophy behind the project.
The top ten projects are:
- Yale University Sculpture Building and Gallery (KieranTimberlake Associates, LLP) New Haven, CT
- Queens Botanical Garden Visitor & Administration Center (BKSK Architects) Flushing, NY
- Pocono Environmental Education Center (Bohlin Cywinski Jackson) Dingmans Ferry, PA
- Nueva School Hillside Learning Complex (Leddy Maytum Stacy Architects) Hillsborough, CA
- Macallen Building Condominiums (Burt Hill with Office dA) Boston, MA
- Lavin-Bernick Center (VJAA) New Orleans, LA
- Garthwaite Center for Science and Arts, Cambridge School of Weston (Architerra, Inc.) Weston, MA
- Discovery Center at South Lake Union (The Miller|Hull Partnership) Seattle, WA
- Cesar Chavez Library (Line and Space, LLC) Laveen, AZ
- Aldo Leopold Legacy Center (The Kubala Washatko Architects, Inc.) Baraboo, WI
Link to Original Article:
Related Posting in this blog: